Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Vacation to UT

I have been away for 2 weeks visiting with my extended family in UT. Let me just recommend some things before I get started on my story. In the grand Canyon you should:
  1. NOT camp if there is any chance of raining
  2. NOT eat at the pizza place in the main lodge (it takes too long for the pizza to get to you)
  3. Stay at the Kaibab Lodge about 10 miles from the park 
  4. Hike the WHOLE Kenpatrick trail
  5. Look out for the amazing Kaibab Squirrels (if you would like to know what it looks like search it)
  6. Ride Mules halfway down to the bottom of the Canyon
  7. TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES & ENJOY YOURSELF
In Zion you should:
  1. Hike as many trails as possible
  2. Climb around on rocks
  3. Stay at the Zion Ponderosa Resort
  4. Go to the pool and slide down the slide feet first on your stomach
  5.  TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES & ENJOY YOURSELF
In Bear Lake you should:
  1.  Ride ATV's 
  2. Canoe on the lake
  3. Ride behind the boat on the tube (best conditions are smooth water so you can go fast; if the water is choppy even when you're going slow you can get flipped and believe me it hurts aLOT)
  4. Play in the sand
  5. Get a Raspberry shake
  6. for souveneirs the Bear's Den is a good choice as well as Lighthouse Landing
  7.  Eat at Zipz, La Beau's or La Beau's Too and Merlin's
When taking a plane you should: 
  1. Fly Southwest (it is very comfy)
 On July 18, I left for Las Vegas on a Southwest plane. It took 5 hours. Once in Las Vegas we rented a car and drove 5 hours to the Grand Canyon (GC). We met our family at the Main Lodge and ate at the pizza place :(. The next day we hiked around. Monday we rode the mules. It was fun mine was named Annie. We did get poured on but it was still a great experience. Mon. afternoon we drove to Zion National Park. In Zion we hiked a lot and hung out at the cabin. On Thursday we went to Cedar City and I stayed at my Great-Grandma's house. It was awesome. I saw lots of old pictures and I stayed in my Grandma's old room. After 2 days in Cedar City we drove to Lindon, UT and stayed with my other Grandma. We hung out for 2 days and then drove to Bear Lake where we would stay at my Grandparent's cabin. We had raspberry shakes, rode on the ATV's, canoed on the lake, roide behind the boat on the tube (got flipped off the tube 3 times on one day), Played in the sand, Ate at a bunch of restaurants, rpode bikes and shopped for souvenirs. On Sun. Aug. 2nd we drove 2 hours to Salt Lake, got on the plane and flew home. All in all that was one amazing trip.    

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I commented 3 times but none of them were published!?
    Love, Granda.Shaunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that last short, short comment was published!
    I'll write more later!
    I love you My beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to have this blog spot! I love it!

    ReplyDelete